Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS lend me your eyes (solved)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dave

can someone please review the following code for me. basicly im using the fix chris mentioned in this video [url]https://css-tricks.com/new-screencast-current-nav-php-body-id/
    [/url]

everything works fine, except that its only working for 2 of my pages. im guessing that i may have typed something wrong someone. this is what ive added to my css file

Code:
    body#photos ul.nav li.photos a {
    background: url(images/navphotos.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }

body#news ul.nav li.news a {
    background: url(images/navnews.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }

body#about ul.nav li.about a {
    background: url(images/navabout.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }

body#contact ul.nav li.contact a {
    background: url(images/navcontact.jpg) bottom no-repeat;
    }

this is the code that i used from the video…

Code:

again, the first two pages are working fine, its just the about page and the contact page to which are not taking on the active state. do anyone see anything that i may have mistyped, particularly in the first bit of code??

one more detail which i just discovered. everything is working in FF, it appears that only the 2 of the states are working in IE. weird

folks i tellya, i sat up here and trouble shooted this thing for at least an hour before i decide to ask for help to no avail. then all of a sudden will checked to see if anyone responded, i checked IE and its working. man does it normally take so long for changes to take effect in IE? it usually doesnt for me. anyhow its working. maybe next time i need to delete the history or something?

plin25

Hi Dave, it was probably a caching problem.

Ctrl+F5 (Hard Refresh) usually takes care of this problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.