Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other learning wordpress. which book?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shamai

I’m looking to learn how to use wordpress.
    the 2 books I’m looking at are digging into wordpress and the rockable wordpress designer book
    if anyone has read these 2 can you give ideas on which one is more thorough, better and which one is easier and can help me learn wordpress.

i need a book that will explain EVERYTHING . i like deep books and although I’m a designer i enjoy learning about development and whats going on under the hood. I’m ok with php as long as it doesn’t get to crazy. i mean, i took a class on it and read a book…
    so which one is for me?

TheDoc

Well, I think you’ll find the majority of people here will recommend Digging Into WordPress, since Chris Coyier is a co-author. I have a copy of it and I think it’s great.

peterrknight

The Professional WordPress Plugin Development book is excellent if you want to learn more about tinkering under the hood. While it’s geared for plugin development, it’s a great for theme devs – it covers a lot of areas. There’s also a fantastic guide for using AJAX in your WordPress Projects, called ‘WordPress and Ajax’ by Ronald Huereca. That’s a free download to boot.

ShepherdBoy

When will the book version of the new edition of “Digging Into WordPress” be out? I want it. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.