Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Learning SASS – Media Query question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iknowdavehouse
    Participant

Hello, I’m on SASS day 2.

Variables for color, Functions for em conversion make perfect sense to me and I can see this is a valuable and time saving thing.

I’m having a problem with media queries as mixins. I like having the media queries in one place…rather than nested in each style.

Again I can see a benefit for major breakpoints here…but what about minor breakpoints? I don’t want to give a breakpoint a name if it only serves to move a logo by 10 pixels in-between two major breakpoints.

How is everyone else addressing these minor breakpoints? Does anyone opt for using standard CSS for media queries?

Thanks

Dave

iknowdavehouse
    Participant

That’s very helpful thanks.

My concern – especially handing over files that there would be nested media queries and standard media queries and that might seem confusing. We do some template handovers for internal development teams you see…

Maybe if I do as you suggest I could have the minor tweaks in standard CSS I could make sure it’s appropriately named as such.

iknowdavehouse
    Participant

Yes, looks good / how I’ve been working it out.

Unfortunately I think the template requirements will be different on a project by project basis so I don’t want the compiled .css file structure to look too weird and hard to navigate for a non sass user that’s all.

iknowdavehouse
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, extremely helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.