Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Learning JavaScript

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    matt25
    Participant

Can anyone recommend good sources to learn JavaScript? Preferably free but if its good then I don’t mind, I like learning best by seeing and doing, i.e. video casts and examples to try by i learn well from reading as well.
    Thanks

ikthius
    matt25
    Participant

Thanks, I was going to do that after learning JS, W3 Schools is a good reference site. I have got hold of a book called ‘simply JavaScript’ and it seems pretty good so far. Any reviews?

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "matt25" wrote:
    Thanks, I was going to do that after learning JS, W3 Schools is a good reference site. I have got hold of a book called ‘simply JavaScript’ and it seems pretty good so far. Any reviews?

If you have no scripting experiance I would learn jQuery first Matt, it will give you instant access to JS… then as you get better at it you can expand your knowledge to plain JS. After learning jQuery you will know alot of the syntax, etc…

matt25
    Participant

Thanks, I have now finished the jQuery for beginners Theme forest screencasts and am as you said going to come to javascript when I’m comfortable with jQuery.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.