Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Layout issue with side by side images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JadeSolo
    Participant

Hi, I’m new here. I’m a bit old school and I’m used to doing webpages in HTML and layouts in tables. However, recently I’m trying to learn how to do layouts in CSS without tables. Back when I learned CSS it was mainly for styling fonts and tables so I’m having problems getting the hang of using it for layouts.

The problem I’m having right now is trying to line up a couple of images side by side and then another line of images and text under that.

I’m using float on the images and I thought using the “clear:both;” would clear that and go to the next area under that. I guess I’m misunderstanding how that works.

Any help or insight would be great. Even if it’s a different and better way of doing what I’m trying to do.

http://codepen.io/JadeSolo/pen/XbBGLR

Thank you in advance for any help,
    Jade

JadeSolo
    Participant

Thank you Atlierbram! A little more complicated then I was expecting, but I see where you’re going with it and the benifits.

Do you mind if I use your coding as a jump off point to continue the rest of the page?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.