Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Larger photo non responsive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    jknetdesign
    Participant

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/electrics/?brand=fender

When you click on a guitar it pops up in a lightbox.

What’s the best way to get the guitar photos full width on iphone portrait and landscape?

This is the CSS I tried.

@media only screen and ( max-width: 670px ) {
    #TB_window {
    width: 100% !important;
    left: 25% !important;
    }
    #TB_window img#TB_Image {
    margin: 15px 0 0 0 !important;
    }
    .page #TB_window #TB_Image {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    }

uzair
    Participant

you can make your thickbox responsive with some jQuery I can tell you this way check this code

$(“#TB_window”).css({marginLeft: ‘-‘ + parseInt((TB_WIDTH / 2),10) + ‘px’, width: TB_WIDTH + ‘px’});
    if ( !(jQuery.browser.msie && jQuery.browser.version < 7)) { // take away IE6
    $(“#TB_window”).css({marginTop: ‘-‘ + parseInt((TB_HEIGHT / 2),10) + ‘px’});
    }

jknetdesign
    Participant

I tried to past this jQuery in the header and did not notice any difference. Do you know how I can tweak this code?

Shikkediel
    Participant

Edited – okay, the previous script isn’t working because TB_WIDTH is undefined there’s some illegal character in it, probably the quotes. Not that it would have worked otherwise I think because there is no event listener around it for when the page is ready – and the element doesn’t exist yet but is created and removed again (it looks like) with the script.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Just noticed that bit of code is already in the script itself. I guess uzair was suggesting to change it.

Near the bottom

You could probably remove the whole thing and go with the CSS you used in the first post. That will currently be overwritten with the inline style it creates. Except that height: auto for the image seems to do a better job. And the positioning would be superfluous.

jknetdesign
    Participant

Yes I left it in the header. Should I remove it and start over? Should we try CSS instead?

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’d remove the code from both the header and thickbox script and go with CSS alone. That ought to work. Don’t remove the whole function though, just the content.

jknetdesign
    Participant

If the position is fixed on desktop, what should I set it to in the media query?

jknetdesign
    Participant

And when i do top: 0 and left: 0 it’s a mess.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’d do away with the media query and use a max-width instead, for when you want to limit the size on larger screens. And instead of the inline margins, I’d go with a transform: translate(-50%) to center it.

Theoretically something like this:

#TB_window {
      max-width: 1160px;
      -ms-transform: translate(-50%,-50%);
      -webkit-transform: translate(-50%,-50%);
      transform: translate(-50%,-50%);
    }

#TB_Image {
      height: auto;
    }

From what I can see that will do a horizontal and vertical centering.

Edit – typo for the Y-direction…

Shikkediel
    Participant

The only reason to change the script (and use negative margins) rather than removing those lines would be if IE8- support is needed by the way.

jknetdesign
    Participant

Please refresh and take a look.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Seems to work alright when you also remove those lines from the function in the thickbox script:

function tb_position() {
    var isIE6 = typeof document.body.style.maxHeight === "undefined";
    jQuery("#TB_window").css({marginLeft: '-' + parseInt((TB_WIDTH / 2),10) + 'px', width: TB_WIDTH + 'px'});
        if ( ! isIE6 ) { // take away IE6
            jQuery("#TB_window").css({marginTop: '-' + parseInt((TB_HEIGHT / 2),10) + 'px'});
        }
    }

It’s still adding margins and overwriting the width with inline style (which has preference) at the moment.

jknetdesign
    Participant

I added your jQuery to the header and no effect. Did you want me to remove the CSS?

Shikkediel
    Participant

I actually meant that you would remove the lines of code inside that function – the thickbox.js script located here is the troublemaker. It creates inline style on #TB_window with that piece of code that will overwrite the CSS you created. So the lines should be neither in the header nor in the external script…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.