Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Laptop Suggestions needed (Designer Friendly)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joshterada

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a reasonably priced laptop that will support Photoshop CS3 and up? (Under $900)
    I currently have a PC desktop, with Photoshop CS3 as well as Illustrator CS3 at my home, it runs the programs just fine.
    But, I am looking for a laptop, because I can’t be at my home all day, and I need to have the freedom to design away from my home as well.
    Advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, :)
    Thanks in advance,
    Josh

nuwebs

An extra $99, but I would say it’s worth it.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s … TAyNTQzMzg

That’s from the Apple store too. You might want to look on eBay or other stores for the same laptop but cheaper. You may even be able to find a MacBook Pro.

TheDoc

Despite my love for Apple, I have to disagree with Nuwebs here. The 13" screen on the Macbook is NOT suitable for designing on the road, trust me, I own one!

You’ll want a minimum of a 15" screen.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I got a 17" refurbished HP two years ago for $800 two years ago from ecost.com. If you don’t mind refurbished, I’d definitely recommend it. It was almost 50% the cost of the comparable *new* version at that time.

I used it non-stop for 18 months before I switched to my desktop, and it handled all my programs wonderfully including an older version of PS (just before CS3 I believe).

It had a problem or two… but HP was excellent with customer service for me. Even took it back to fix the wifi 2 months after the warranty expired.

Every month or so ecost has a laptop sale and there’s normally some 17" laptops (with the full keyboard) for $500. Just get two ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.