Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Keywords question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey folks,

Just curious if any SEO experts know this – maybe I’m just a bad googler but I can’t find any references to how keywords string together.

When I put keywords in for a site, and I put in like "Web, Design, Denver…" do search engines string those keywords in such a way that if someone put in "Web Designers in Denver" that it would make that connection? Or do I literally have to put "Web Design, Web Design Denver, Denver Web Design" etc?

Assuming it works either way, is there a worse way to do it, or in other words to search engine’s frown on a particular method?

JaredAM

Humm, as far as I know, keywords really don’t have much of an impact anymore. They can hurt you more than help you.

It seems that the best practice is to first have good content, then have a meta description (around 255 characters, which google will display on their results page under your url), then lastly (as a catchall) have meta keywords. But the keywords had better be present in your content or else google will count them against you. But yeah, they’re just comma separated words.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Google has definitely came out and said that META keywords mean nothing. Using keywords in your content is of course still important though. In which case, use them naturally and honestly on your site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.