Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Keep it all organized

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dcp3450
    Participant

what apps do you all use to keep track of what client needs updates, priority , etc?

I have a ton of departments throwing updated requests at me and I need a better system than a pad a paper! :?

thanks!

dcp3450
    Participant

Mainly email. Right now I have about 4 departments right now. Considering this is my third day and I’m the webmaster for a tech school with over 11,000 students the mess can only get bigger. I’m working with some pretty messy code so I have to weed through it too.

I’m getting everything from "change a word" to "we need 5 pages created". I want a way to organize departments, requests, priority, etc. A way to attach docs wold be cool too.

Maybe I’m looking for the holy grail. lol.

TheDoc

At work, I keep everything organized in different folders in my email client. All requests come through email, and I prioritize them with different flagging levels.

dcp3450
    Participant

What would be cool would an app that you can fill in a request, set department, add contact info, set priority, and attach documents to. For example:

Jan Smith from hr calls and needs 5 new jobs added to the intern page and 10 new jobs added to the full time page. Attached is a document that outlines each position and how she wants it shown on the site. She also attached the job description for people to download and read in word if they want.

You go in the app and input:

Department: Human resources
    Request: blah blah blah
    Attachments: attach docs she sent you
    Priority: 5 (high)
    Due by: Dec 15, 2009

then you can organize your work by department or priority.

Eh, guess a boy can dream. Or I could take up my time and try to build a web app for this myself. :shock:

TheDoc

I was just doing a little searching around. You might be interested in something like this:

http://backpackit.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.