Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Just finished my girlfriends site…would LOVE some feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

My girlfriend does holistic health practices and we finally finished her site…it’s taken a couple years and many revisions, but we feel this is finally one that came together enough to move forward with.

http://illuminateddesigns.net/lastingbalance/

Would love any kind of feedback, positive or critical. :D

Note: No IE6 support yet, want to make sure we don’t do any major changes before I clean it up for IE. Don’t have a Mac, so please let me know if any of you Mac users notice any issues with the design.

EamonnMac

Looks great to me (Win. FX). Good, clean layout, nice clear fonts, and suitable colour scheme. Well done!

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea, I like it a lot. Very simple and clean. I love the inner shaddow on the logo, nav and other green icons.

Did you design the logo?

crashley1784

Very beautiful – love the clean colors and very soothing design. As soon as I looked at it I felt relaxed, so bravo. The only thing is that I had some trouble locating the "nav". It’s at the bottom of the screen. I’m on a netbook with a tiny screen, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.
    Very nice :)

TheDoc

Looks great Lars, nothing really stands out to me that needs to be changed, good work!

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

On Internet Explorer 7 The logo is being hidden and the contact info is jammed up at the top to where you cant see it. See attached file.

Luminated

That’s interesting, I don’t show that happening on IE7. What resolution are you running?

Anybody else experience this?

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant
    "Luminated" wrote:
    That’s interesting, I don’t show that happening on IE7. What resolution are you running?

Anybody else experience this?

Resolution on my screens are 1680 x 1050, and its indeed weird.

TheDoc

Hmmmm, doesn’t do that on my IE7.

Luminated

I’ve run into this kind of thing before…never have figured it out for sure.

Arch, Do you happen to be running a high DPI, perhaps on Vista?

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

No just regular ol XP

Luminated

Are you running a high DPI, like anything above 96 DPI?

Luminated

Thanks for the great feedback guys…we just launched today, along with a matching blog as well.

http://www.lastingbalance.com/

We decided to go with a slightly different layout for the header with a logo that was less distracting and a navbar location that was a bit more practical. Once again, any feedback is appreciated.

Note: At this point, due to time constraints, there’s no IE6 support yet. *sigh*

ikthius

I think it is brilliant.

although I would probably do a couple of changes, but mainly to test to see what is best.

your main nav, your only underlining the links, what about using the brown colour your using on some links (I noticed on teh contact morning afternoon etc & the links on how I can help( services page)) as a hover effect and keep the green underline for the page your on???

On some "bubbles" with quotes, I would make them stand out slightly more, maybe with that same brown I was talking about as a 1px border (like your contact page)… or maybe make the colour of the bubble stand out more at the bottom, I feel it blends into the main background too much

I love thte colours, I love the layout, I love the typography, I love the logo…… This is such a sweet simple yet very professional design.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.