Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Just finished a new site!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Toby Pitman
    Participant

Hi all,
    Just finished a site for my mate James. Went up today! I’ve only been doing coding and web design for about a year and it’s more of a hobby really although i totally love it ( I’ve become a bit obsessed! ). Be interesting to get some feedback. overflow-y cracks the validation on the CSS but i can live with that. Using Mootools for JS and AS3 for the MP3 player. Photoshop for the graphics. First attempt using Coda which really enjoyed. It even works in IE6!!

As you can imagine I’m a big fan of CSS-tricks and have learned loads from this site. I used the sprites tutorial for the nav bar. Love those screencasts!

Hope you like it. http://www.jameshayto.com

Tob (UK)

Hawke

It’s cool, seriously.
    It’s simple and yet attractive. I like basic layout that don’t try to add stuff to impress the visitor. The only thing I am wondering is why you are using javascript to do your mailto ?

o-d
    "Hawke" wrote:
    It’s cool, seriously.
    It’s simple and yet attractive. I like basic layout that don’t try to add stuff to impress the visitor. The only thing I am wondering is why you are using javascript to do your mailto ?

i think he wanted to protect his mail from spam mail collectors

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Very very nice Tob. I dig it. I really like how consistent the design stays between the pages. The navigation is beautiful. I really like how you overlayed some sidebar stuff on top of the image in the blog section. That really switches things up and makes for a cool use of that space.

Hawke
    Quote:
    Hi Hawke,
    That was the idea. It’s a simple script that encrypts your mailto’s. Stops those pesky spam crawlers. You can get it here http://jumk.de/nospam/stopspam.html. The only drawback is people who don’t have Javascript turned on can’t use it but i don’t think he’ll get many of them. Thanks for the feedback.

Tob

Ohhh… nifty ! Thanks for the tip, I’ll be sure to check it out :D

Jermayn Parker
    Participant

LOVE IT!!!!

One of the best musician websites I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

Wow this is a really nice site- I love the way the main image doesn’t move when navigating between pages. Well done!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.