Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jQueryUI autocomplete – doesn’t really fill in the field

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nchipping

I have been trying to get the jQuery UI autocomplete function working, and I can’t. I have it to the point where it calls another page, gets the JSON, and allows the user to pick an option that’s returned.

My issue comes in with submitting the form, since once I select a value from the list that’s returned from the autocomplete function, it doesn’t update that text box with that value. It shows that it’s there (so in the text box, it may say ‘someValue’) – so the front end user can see that, but the actual ‘value’ attribute of the ‘input’ isn’t updated – it’s still blank after selecting an option.

So I would really appreciate some support/help on this item. I can’t find anything on Google about this, or on the jQuery site.

The javascript I’m using is very simple (just what the jQueryUI site suggests…)

And the form element is very simple as well:

Please, please help me. I can’t figure this out.

nchipping

I figured out the issue – it was that my form element didn’t have a name attached – stupid problem, but it just wasn’t being submitted. Sorry for bugging anyone. If anyone does want to know how to get the value of the selected option from the dropdown using the jQueryUI autocomplete, it’s this:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.