Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS jQuery pop up box inside JS anythingSlider not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rocko
    Participant

I’m having trouble combining two js plugins. I’ve got a working pop up box on the page, and a working anythingSlider. For some reason, when I try to put the pop up’s trigger button inside of an anythingSlider slide, it doesn’t seem to be loading the js to open the pop up. I can’t figure out the what’s causing this. Thanks in advance for your help!

I’d post the code, but I have no idea where the problem is (and don’t want to post countless lines of JS & CSS). If you’d like me to post any code in particular, please let me know.

Link: http://www.rockomole.com/2012/illustration.php

FYI, it’s the info button ontop of the images

Mottie

There are a few problems that need to be overcome:

First is that the popup is inside of the slider which has `overflow:hidden` so only part of the popup will show up. The best solution for this would be to append the popup outside of the slider.

The second issue is the way the script is written, it appears that only the first trigger and popup would work. I tried to fix the script to correct this problem but it just got a lot messier. I’ll try again in the morning after some sleep ;)

Rocko
    Participant

Thank you Mottie. I’d prefer to have the pop up inside the slider, so I can have unique pop ups for each slide.

I did a simple test before applying it to my site, and it seemed to work fine. Not sure if this helps, but I’ve uploaded the test here:

http://www.rockomole.com/2012/test/test.html

Rocko
    Participant

As for the overflow:hidden issue, I don’t mind moving the pop up box so it stays within the slide. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Mottie

Ok, change this line, from this

$([trigger.get(0), info.get(0)]).mouseover(function () {

to this

trigger.add(info).mouseover(function () {

once that is done, you’ll need to adjust the top and left position so that the popup is inside the slider

Rocko
    Participant

Ah ha! I found the problem. The pop up was working in the slide, but the positioning assigned to it (because of the other pop up box on the page) was placing it outside of the slider. With overflow:hidden, it was simply not showing. So it turned out to be a CSS issue. Thanks for your help Mottie!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.