Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS jquery passing argument to functions?.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    iosman123
    Participant

Hello,

What is the proper way to pass an argument to a function in jQuery?

I want to pass a color to a function to update multiple css attributes

I would think it would be something like below, but I can’t seem to get it to work.

thanks
    iosman

JeroenR
    Participant

I can’t see why this would be any different from vanilla javascript. My best advice would be to start reading here https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Functions/Default_parameters and further.

There is an exception for example when you do something like this: button.addEventListener('click', myFunction);, in that case the argument passed is the event.
    It’s jQuery equivalent would be something like this: $('button').on('click', myFunction);
    Passing an argument to that function would then be something like this: $('button').on('click', myFunction('test'));.
    And if you still want to have the event in your array of arguments you can do something like this: $('button').on('click', function (e) { myFunction(e, 'test') });

uxfed
    Participant

I’m noticing a trend in these forums where a relevant question is posted, then after a reply it’s re-posted with links in, with the text “thanks my issue has been fixed”. I think these are fake questions with the sole goal to get people to click those links.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.