Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jQuery MagicLine with Drop Down Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    killquanti
    Participant

Hello,

First time posting here.

I’ve successfully implemented MagicLine.js into my WordPress website. However, when I hover over items in the dropdown sub-menu, the line reverts back to its original state.

My goal is to have the line remain over the parent menu item as I hover its sub-menu children. I saw another post that seemed to pertain to this, but I wasn’t able to adapt it to my site.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Here is my JavaScript:

$(function() { var $el, leftPos, newWidth, $mainNav = $("#menu-main"); $mainNav.append("<li id='magic-line'></li>"); var $magicLine = $("#magic-line"); $($magicLine) .width($(".current_page_item").width()) .css("left", $(".current_page_item a").position().left) .data("origLeft", $magicLine.position().left) .data("origWidth", $magicLine.width()); $("#menu-main li a").hover(function() { $el = $(this); leftPos = $el.position().left; newWidth = $el.parent().width(); $magicLine.stop().animate({ left: leftPos, width: newWidth }); }, function() { $magicLine.stop().animate({ left: $magicLine.data("origLeft"), width: $magicLine.data("origWidth") }); }); });
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.