Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jquery issues with docMenu and startStop Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jjspelman

Hi, I seem to be having issues while trying to include both the doc menu jquery menu (http://www.ndesign-studio.com/blog/desi … dock-menu/) , and the jQuery start stop slide show (from Chris Coyer).

I finally got the slider to work properly, but now the images within the doc menu to not appear where they should be. Also, when I hover over the only image in the doc menu, it does not enlarge per the intended effect.

Would anyone have a workaround or an idea on what I can do?

The page I am trying this on is here:

http://j2studio.com/11202009/index.shtml

Thanks in advance!

TheDoc

The errors on the page could have something to do with it.

Another reason could be that you’re calling two different jquery files. It might not like that, but I don’t know enough about JS to say for sure.

apostrophe
    Participant

To begin with you should really be calling the javascript files in the document head or before the closing body tag.
    Doc is right why are you calling 2 jQuery files? Not that it matters as one of them can’t be found. The one that is loading, jquery-1.2.6, is very old, you should be using the latest version.
    Check the paths, these two files are not being found:
    <script src="docMenu/js/jquery.js" type="text/javascript">
    <script src="docMenu/js/interface.js" type="text/javascript">

jjspelman

I think I was having issues when I called the JavaScript for the slider until I created an include for it and made the call within the include. Then I was having a conflict with both. So I tried masking the scripts by placing them in 2 different locations, using different names, etc.

I will try what you recommended, thanks for the help!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.