Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Jquery fadeIn() doesn’t work!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jinfiesto

I’ve been hacking at this for the last hour, and maybe I’m just being dumb. I have multiple carousels (jcarousel) that are on one page, which are respectively the slides inside of a slider (coda-slider). I would like to fadeIn() the slider. For whatever reason, I can hide the slider by setting the wrapper div for the slider to display:none. But I can’t target it with the fadeIn() effect. I know that my selectors are right, because I can use the .css method using the same selectors.

Here’s the little bit of jQuery I’m using to target the coda-slider-wrapper

Code:
    $(document).ready(function(){
    $(‘.coda-slider-wrapper’).fadeIn(“slow”);
    });

Here’s the markup:

Code:

As a sidenote, I inherited this project, as the client’s previous designer wasn’t competent at all. They’re on a tight deadline, and the idea had been to turn the project around fast. As such, I haven’t really had time to do much house keeping on the guys markup. I’ve cleaned things up where I can, but I’m not really sure I want to spend the time to sit down and validate every page on the site, and clean things up so they’re nice and semantic. All they want is to have a little animation done on one of their pages, and this part’s been holding me up!

Thanks you guys.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.