Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript JQuery Animate jump to default image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    anink
    Participant

Forgive me, I’m a total newbie.

Chris, I’m using your Band Rollover image swap snippet for a project I’m working on. My version, however, doesn’t have a silhouette default image – I only have four images of people – one person on each image is in color. So I’m using the first person in color (guy#1) as the default image. But when I hover off of guy #2’s image map to (for example) guy #3’s image map, the effect flips back to my default guy#1 quickly. In theory, I know this must be because at the end of the animation, the default is guy#1.

Here’s the JQuery

jQuery.noConflict();
    $(function() {

var name = "";

$(".horseman").css("opacity", 0);

$(".horseman-image-map").hover(function() {
    name = $(this).attr("id");
    $("#image-"+name).stop(true, false).show().animate({ opacity: 1 });
    }, function() {
    name = $(this).attr("id");
    $("#image-"+name).stop(true, false).animate({ opacity: 0 }).hide();
    });

return false;
    });

Here’s the CSS

* { margin: 0; padding: 0; }
    #page-wrap { width: 500px; margin: 0 auto; }

#default-horseman {margin-left: -242px; float: left; width: 982px; background: url(guy1.png) no-repeat; padding: 281px 0px 0 1px; position: relative; }

.horseman-image-map { position: absolute; display: block; height: 269px; top: 0; z-index: 9999; border: none }
    #guy1 { position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 1px; width: 147px; height: 269px; border: none }
    #guy2 { position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 148px; width: 120px; height: 269px; border: none }
    #guy3 { position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 268px; width: 148px; height: 269px; border: none }
    #guy4 { position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 410px; width: 145px; height: 269px; border: none }

.horseman { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; height: 100%; width: 100%; z-index: 1; display: none; opacity: 0; border: none }
    #image-guy1 { outline: 0; background: url(guy1.png) no-repeat; border: none }
    #image-guy2 { outline: 0; background: url(guy2.png) no-repeat ; border: none }
    #image-guy3 { outline: 0; background: url(guy3.png) no-repeat; border: none }
    #image-guy4 { outline: 0; background: url(guy4.png) no-repeat; border: none }

Here’s the HTML

Again, I just want to get rid of the quick flash back to the default guy#1 in between image map hovers. I could be going about this all wrong, but your band rollovers thing was basically the effect I wanted to achieve.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Too much here to understand quickly. Really need a live link or a reduced test case on jsbin or jsfiddle to help diagnose.

awon
    Participant

Hello There

We have been searching for the proper solutions to use jQuery in Magento

We tried to use jQuery in Magento

At last we find the solution, and we would like to share it with you all.

We have a url which can help you.

Click here: http://www.raiseitsolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29

We hope that is enough for you.

All The Best

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.