Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jQuery and Google Analytics (urchin) conflict

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shotodan

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum after reading Chris’ stuff and using his screencasts for a while, and wow it’s a busy one!

Has anyone experienced a problem when using jQuery on a site which also uses Google Analytics (specifically the old urchin.js version)? I’m updating a site at the moment that uses it, and have added a nice jQuery FAQ plugin (http://www.dscoduc.com/2008/11/faq-jquery-plugin/), which is looking great. Uploaded it, and the site owner wanted to check that the new FAQ page is now registering in Analytics properly. She went and checked and said that all her stats have gone, including historical ones, and it’s now showing only zeros. Eeek!

I hastily restored the site to how I found it, and the GA came back up with all the data. Phew!

After some googling and reading, I understand conflicting JS functions or variables could be to blame. Does anyone know what it is in jQuery (or maybe the jQuery FAQ plugin) that is causing the conflict so I can change it? If anyone has already seen this and knows, it’ll save me a lot of time!

Many thanks,

shotodan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.