Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Joomla & Forms !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello Friends,
    I have no experience with Joomla as such. But I have to insert a contact form I created [ which is a php file contain the html and php codes of the contact form] into an existing Joomla page. I have downloaded and installed Joomla but its really confusing for me. Am trying my best to learn as fast as I can and I would really appreciate if anyone can guide me as to how to insert an existing contact form page into a joomla page :)

Thank you!
    ~Sumeet

apostrophe
    Participant

I think you will find most of the folks here are WordPress evangelists.
    I tried Joomla a couple of years ago and if memory serves I think I stuck with it for two days before it went in the trash because it was such a pain to work with.
    If you must use Joomla then why not use one of the contact form plugins or modules?

Hey thanks for replying!
    Even I never used Joomla before for this very reason. Actually, I have already created a contact form in a php file Contact Form Link Here. What I have to do is insert this in an existing joomla page :| I am trying my best to figure out how to embed this properly but am not having much success with it :(

friendofpugs

This is another recommendation to search for joomla plugins and modules. From what I could tell, your current contact form only has js validation, but when you disable js, the form still submits even though the required fields are empty. I’d guess that a joomla contact form module would be more robust than your current solution. Just my 2 cents. :)

Hello friendsofpug,
    Thank you for brining this to my notice, I completely forgot that if JS is disabled then it won’t validate it properly[So you were the guy to send two blank emails hehe]. I will try to look for Joomla plug-ins but as am not that much experienced as to how to go about installing plug-ins in joomla and placing the divs or editing the pages, I might face some problem. But still I have to learn sometime or the other then why not now! :) I will also try to re-do my contact form and validate it using PHP itself.

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.