Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jcycle problems with a contact form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    shamai

I am using the jcycle query plugin and it works beautifully in all browsers.
    there is on problem. In safari on the contact page, if you press portfolio a few times you will see the problem right away.
    the slideshow lags.

perhaps someone can tell me what is causing this to happen and why it works fine in all other browsers and pages

dfogge
    Participant

got a link?

shamai

LOL! i thought i posted it…
    baseshamai.com
    on the contact page in safari there is a problem when pressing portfolio a few times.

dfogge
    Participant

in your nav’s html i noticed this:

is that url generated based on the id of “next” ?

shamai

that id makes the portfolio move with jcycle. the href pulls the page down and puts the nav up top to reveal the portfolio below
    all other pages seem ok with it?

dfogge
    Participant

well, the home, about, and contact links go to their corresponding php files, and they all behave correctly. it seems like having portfolio linked to #next is the only difference that i can find.

shamai

but portfolio is linked to #next in all the pages?
    and they work except in safari on the contact page

shamai

i have discovered that if i take out the whole form on the contact page, the jcycle works perfectly in safari. the form must be causing the problem somehow

dfogge
    Participant

i was testing in firefox, and when you click portfolio a 2nd time it takes you back to whatever page was showing before the 1st time you click it.

the other pages just reload when you click for a 2nd time.

shamai

what?
    im not ure I understand… When you click portfolio it toggles the portfolio on and off. I just tested it in firefox. the transition works nicely. But in safari when going from the portfolio back to the contact form there is a weird lag…
    the transition jumps a bit and it doesnt look right

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.