Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript javascript problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cssfreak

Hey Guys i need a solution for the following problem

i have a javascript file which i use to display a modal box using jQuery doing all the animation effects and stuff

right after all the animation effects i have a javascript statement

something like this

Code:
    $(‘div#modal’).animate({left:w,top:h,width:modalW,height:modalH},”slow”);
    document.formName.submit();

This is just an example……

ma problem now is the the second statement executes before animation is completed
    is there any why i could finish the animation and then make the javascript to execute ???

Hugo

You can use the built-in callback function to achieve this. Animate takes a total of four arguments: animate( params, [duration], [easing], [callback] ). The most popular are the first two, ‘params’ and ‘duration’ (you’ve used these as well). You can add a callback function that will execute upon completion of your animation. So the new code would be like this:

Code:
    $(‘div#modal’)
    .animate(
    {
    left : w,
    top : h,
    width : modalW,
    height : modalH
    },
    “slow”,
    function(){
    document.formName.submit();
    }
    );
    //duration, easing and callback are all optional,
    //so you can just leave out one and use another like I did above (‘easing’ was left out)

That should do the trick. You might also want to have a look at jQuery thickbox, which is a very nice modal box plugin developed by Cody Lindley – member of the jQuery team.

cssfreak

Thanks for the reply Hugo …i realised it minutes before i saw this reply……anyways i appreciate ur response….thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.