Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other javascript dependent ordering form, good?!??!?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ags
    Participant

Hi,

I creating a site for a festival. on the site there is the festivals program adn I want
    to create the option of click the event you want to order tickets too and have the event info appear in a popup adn then
    the person only needs to fill in hes personal info.
    can also have the "onclick" redirect to other page in order to finish tickets ordering, then I’d use php.

question is- How terrible is it to base the whole system on a popup? (i’m sure its not a good idea but want to heat other peoples thoughts).
    I really dont want to have people redirected to a diff page so they can always see the program.
    Also dont want to add a dynamic part to the page that appears above (or anyware) the program.

What are your suggestions?

many thanks :)

AshtonSanders
    Participant

No, it is not a good idea to only use Javascript validation. It’s very easy to turn of Javascript. It’s best to use both Javascript and PHP.

I’m assuming by pop up, you mean you’re going to be using Javascript/Ajax to submit the form to your database without refreshing the page…? I don’t see why you can’t have the pop up submit the form like normal to a PHP page that will validate the submission before sending.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.