Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other itunes css-tricks podcast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bangbang
    Participant

Hello,

recently i decided to download all css-tricks podcasts from iTunes, so i started from episode 1 to 40 first.
    that was enough to burn them all on a dvd for backing them up.

but since like this week, i cant find the next ones on iTunes, it seems like it only show from #63 up to latest one, but not older ones anymore :(
    kinda sad, i guess i can DL them directly from the website, but it was way easier to do it from iTunes.
    Is it normal ?
    :geek:

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Yeah for now it only goes back 15 or so. I’m creating those RSS feeds in a dynamic way now which is far more efficient for me. I haven’t yet gone back through all the older screencasts and changed the information I need to to get them to work with the new RSS feed format, so I just limited the number shown. This is fairly common practice anyway, since the size of that XML can get pretty big with 70+ screencasts in it, it’s pretty bandwidth intensive to have every single feed reader that checks it download all that data every time. You can definitely still get them just by visiting those pages and downloading them though.

bangbang
    Participant

understood.
    I will definitely complete my collection anytime soon. didn’t know till yesterday podcasts weren’t hosted on iTunes directly. So yea i understand it can cost u a lot of bandwidth
    anyway, i love ur podcasts, can’t miss a single one )
    thanx a lot for all ur work, keep on

scottgallant

I’m looking to do the same thing for a site. Chris, are you willing to share how you automate your RSS feed? Also, do you have any tips on best format for video?

Much appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.