Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Issues With Woo Commerce Related Products Image Sizes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mcuttino
    Participant

Having problems with the related products image sizes on my blog. Made most of the modifications to the CSS that I had seen on this forum and others and it corrected my catalog image size and product image size but my related products image size still displays way too big.

1. I thought I had changed the CSS so that the image width on related product image sizes would be auto instead of 100% but whenever I inspect the element in the Chrome browser it still shows the width being reported as 100% from what I see.

2. In addition it would be nice if I could get the main product images to center in the white space available instead going to the top and the left margin with no padding and leaving a lot of white space in between the main product image and the product information to the right of it.

http://blackartblog.blackartdepot.com/shop/hip-hop-montage-by-herbert-beyer

Note: running wp 3.6 on the genesis framework and the genesis connect for woo commerce installed as well.

Paulie_D

For the main product image you would need to add margin: somepx auto to get it to center in the div with a class of images.

So..something like

div.images img {
    margin: 20px auto;
    }

You should be aware, on looking at the HTML that the image dimensions are hard coded into the HTML.

Not sure about the the related product images…there is a lot of inline CSS inside the HTML which, I am supposing is either added by PHP or JS (this I suspect).

At the moment these links have this in their CSS

display: block;
    float: left;
    border-right: 1px solid #ddd;
    border-bottom: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 6px;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-align: left;
    cursor: pointer;

This would need some changes to center…such as removing the floats and adding making them inline block with a text-align:center on the containing div.

mcuttino
    Participant

I’ve been looking and trying to make the adjustments but it appears that the main problem I’m having with the css on the related products image is that even though I change the woocommerce.css to:

.woocommerce .related ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce-page .related ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce .upsells.products ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce .related ul li.product img, .woocommerce-page .related ul li.product img, .woocommerce .upsells.products ul li.product img, .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul li.product img {
        width: auto;
        height: auto;
        }

it always renders as

.woocommerce .related ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce-page .related ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce .upsells.products ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul.products li.product img, .woocommerce .related ul li.product img, .woocommerce-page .related ul li.product img, .woocommerce .upsells.products ul li.product img, .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul li.product img {
    width: 100%;
    }

when I inspect the element in Chrome. I can’t determine what is overriding the setting that I put manually in the woocommerce.css file

Paulie_D

I suspect you are trying to change too much in one go.

This

.woocommerce .related ul.products li.product img, 
    .woocommerce-page .related ul.products li.product img, 
    .woocommerce .upsells.products ul.products li.product img, 
    .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul.products li.product img,
    .woocommerce .related ul li.product img,
    .woocommerce-page .related ul li.product img, 
    .woocommerce .upsells.products ul li.product img, 
    .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul li.product img {
    width: 100%;
    }

changes the image properties for a lot of places.

In any case, that’s not what you seem to be asking for.

This is the HTML for just one of those images :http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/HclgC

Huge isn’t it and I haven’t even added in any of the CSS.

There is a lot to overcome..I suspect that a lot of that cr*p is being added dynamically and will be tough to overcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.