Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Issues with #id selector

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AmandaB
    Participant

Hi, I am a complete coding novice and trying to update a site using mostly stuff like PageBuilder etc. (which I know is frowned upon amongst the coders)

Anyway, I have a #content selector (in the theme files) which is overriding all my link colors and I’m stuck as to how to change it.

Please guide me through the steps I need to follow as to exactly which part of the style sheet I need to send as well as which links to the site etc in order to get the help I require…

Thanks

Paulie_D

Nothing we can do without the code.

tomnoble92
    Participant

Hi Amanda,

We can’t help without been able to see the code.

Add a link to the website if possible.

AmandaB
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for replying

The site is: http://www.dev.portland.co.za/

https://codepen.io/anon/pen/VxjGgO

Hope that helps. I have this link style issue on all my pages

AmandaB
    Participant
    tomnoble92
    Participant

You need to remove #content a from the stylesheet or from wherever on the page builder it’s using it.

It’s not a easy one. The red link for the button is been inserted into to actual html. So that makes me think its not from the theme but a page builder or a plugin is causing it…hard to say.

Mamun
    Participant

Hi @AmandaB,

Did you try to override that code in your css with this?

#content a, #content a:link, #content a:visited {
    color: your-color;
    }

#content a:hover {
    color: your-color;
    }

If you tried it and still it’s not working that means, you need to load your custom css files at the end. !important would help in any situation but it’s a bad practice. You are loading your theme/plugin css at the end that’s why it’s having more priorities at they are at the end.

Always load all the custom css files at the end to give it more priority as you change those as needed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.