Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Issues with Bootstrap framework leaving a large gap at the of the page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shortcutt
    Participant

So I’m working on a longform web piece using the Bootstrap framework, and it’s my first time playing with it. I’m mostly just using it for the responsive grid, and it’s been working well for me aside from the fact that for some reason there’s a big gap of white space left at the very end of the page that fills the viewport.

I have a final full page image at the very end that I want to be the cap to the end of the story, but for some reason this is not the case and no amount of negative margins or other workarounds seem to be having any effect. On top of this, when I resize the page to test responsiveness the gap seems to disappear, and when I make the browser large again the gap is still gone… until I refresh. Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do about it??

Paulie_D

We can’t diagnose code we can’t see…do you have a link to a live site we could look at?

shortcutt
    Participant

Welp, the second I uploaded to the dev site the problem magically disappeared.

I do have a second, more general question though: What’s the main benefit of using Bootstrap framework?

The responsive grid, yes. But there are alternate responsive grid sources that are completely bare bones, easy to use and easy to customize. And if you’re making something very specifically styled, then you’re probably going to override the majority of the Bootstrap CSS. Is there anything else about it that I’m missing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.