Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Issue selecting DIV via ID outputted by WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ash149
    Participant

Hi all,

I guess this could either be a CSS issue or a WordPress Issue, either way I’m having a problem dealing with selecting a DIV in the CSS via it’s ID. I’ll post some CODE.

Heres the code from the template file.

HTML

Outputted HTML

IMAGE IN HERE VIA WORDPRESS THUMBNAIL
    /code>

CSS

#82 {}

Now for some reason, that #82 in the CSS does not link to the DIV at all, I've adding styling to it and it's not appearing in the page.

I've come to the conclusion that it has to be either:

A) I've overlooked something in the code (though i've triple checked it)
    B) It's something to do with WP, perhaps the CSS gets read before WP outputs the ID?

I don't know. Anyone have any ideas? It's driving me crazy now!

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

Ash149
    Participant

Ok,

This might explain something: http://jsfiddle.net/JgReA/

I just made that jsfiddle and as you can see for some reason the DIV with ID 82 does not work, yet the one with “hello” does, and has the exact same styling etc?

Is their some sort of minimum length you need for IDs? If so, what’s the point of WP outputting an ID to short to be used?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Ash

Ash149
    Participant

Ah, thanks for the explanation Senff! That clears that up. (I posted my last message before I saw your reply btw)

Ash149
    Participant

Oh and that really doesn’t make much sense for WP to output two numbers, or is it because it’s a custom post type?

Ash

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.