Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Isn’t there an HTML tag used for more information?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vincent

I could have sworn there was an HTML tag that you could use on normal text and it would automatically make it so the cursor turned into the question mark and the text had a dotted underline, but I can’t find any tags that accomplish that. When you hovered over the word or phrase, you’d get the default yellow box that you could adds word to, like a title attribute. Like, you didn’t need CSS or anything, it was just a normal tag. I don’t want to use an underlined border for what I’m doing because it looks really ugly since it puts a border under the actual element, instead of the exact text (and it’s near slashes, so it looks all ghetto).

AM I JUST CRAZY OR WHAT?

jamygolden
    CSS
    vincent

I was thinking that as well, but it’s not it. That doesn’t automatically add a dotted underline (dotted bottom border isn’t the same thing) :(

I must just be remembering it wrong.

jamygolden

It does automatically add a dotted line (I’ve only checked firefox), however it does not add a dotted line if you include a css reset.

vincent

Ah, you’re right! Still looks like shit though, as if I just put a border… I guess I thought I remembered the line closer to the text. Oh well.

EDIT: I was using Chrome (Mac), BTW.

jamygolden

Remember, any default effect you see a browser create is due to it’s default CSS styling. Therefore it will never look better/worse than CSS styling because that’s all it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.