Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Is Version Control System helpful for a one web developer ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jitendra
    Participant

Is Version Control System helpful for a one web developer ? i do all the things. so is it beneficial for one person ?

mauferrusca

how about using it for saving specific milestones so you can go back to them, without having an impressive array of files and being able to log descrptions to specific such files.

Senff
    Participant

I use version control for two reasons: easy syncing between various computers (when I’m at work or at home, I will have the latest updates of my own code) and being able to roll back changes when I make a mistake and I need to go back to what it was yesterday, or a few days ago. Although admittedly, I haven’t been in a situation where I actually needed to roll back, but it’s nice to know I CAN if I really have to.

Other than that…..hmmmm, if you only work on one computer and you don’t care for being able to go back in time, I don’t see any other use for version control.

TheDoc

I think version control is still important. I’ve rolled back things many times when realizing that I’ve taken a couple of wrong steps, etc.

TheDoc

Considering this thread is nearly *four years old*, I’m sure @Robskiwarrior has a changed opinion!

Senff
    Participant

Holy crap, I didn’t even notice that!

I stand by my words though. ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.