Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Is this scrollbar customizable with CSS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Krish,

Thank you for your reply.

I don’t know much about inspect element. I’ve made a screen grab and hope you can walk me through it.

I’ve swapped out all css, js, from the site page I’m working on with the working template I made, and which works in IE8, and the bottom arrow still doesn’t show nor does the pointer activate on hovering the area. There is no function in the area of the down button.

I also added the normalizing code from the page I am working on, and the added css, and no change. I started removing bits of the code that creates specific areas of the page and I have found that removing display:table; and border-collapse:collapse; from #main and removing display:table-cell; from #content, then the bottom arrow displays. Of course the page comes apart. I don’t know why this would cause the problem, or how to remedy it.

As for the transferred files. I moved all that relate to the functioning of the scrollbar and page to my server. The hierarchy was css_test >custom-scrollbar-plugin>index.html The index page is here.

Best Regards.

aspanadare
    Participant

HI

plz chk this link

this might help you

http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Krish,

The reason the scrollbar wasn’t showing was because when I transferred the css and js files to my server, the upper case letters were made lower case. It should have been the first thing I checked, but wasn’t. Doh!

I’m not seeing anything with Inspect Element in FF, but I’m not familiar with using it so that means little.

I have checked all paths and they appear to be correct.

It’s looking as though it is a problem with a conflict in the page coding of display:table; and border-collapse:collapse; from #main and display:table-cell; in #content The page is here.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Joe_Temp and aspanadare.

Taufik Nurrohman
    Participant

Just in case somebody need Malihu’s scrollbar plugin to be scrolled with minimal inertia, and with netral CSS style: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/GLzsB

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings aspanadare,

The buttons on the link you gave work, as does the scrollbar I adapted except when I put it in my page. In both versions the show buttons/arrows are set to true.

It must have to do with table setting as I indicated above because that’s the only thing I change that makes any difference. I’ve tried everything I can think of and I hope someone has a solution/idea for this. I’m really stuck.

Why is it only effecting the botton arrow in IE*!?

Best Regards.

aspanadare
    Participant

Hi Michael,

can please share a link url of a page or test page
    where you’ve implemented jscrollpane
    so that I can check.

or

you want to implement on url that you’ve given earliar ?

Regards
    Aniruddha

aspanadare
    Participant

Hi Michael, can please share a link url of a page or test page where you’ve implemented jscrollpane so that I can check. or you want to implement on url that you’ve given earlier ? Regards Aniruddha

aspanadare
    Participant

Hi Michael

chk this link

Regards
    Aniruddha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Aniruddha,

Yes, the url given earlier would work.

I’m confused as both have the setting of

scrollButtons:{
      enable:true

and:

showArrows: true});

which to me are saying the same thing. I’ve not put your code into my page, but suspect the result would be the same with the hidden down button.

Best Regards.

aspanadare
    Participant

Hi michael1961

Just use the code given in link I’ve already tested in IE7 it woks

Scrollpane Link

aspanadare
    Participant

Hi michael1961

Just use the code given in link I’ve already tested in IE7 it woks

use only this code :

Scrollpane Link

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Aniruddha,

Yes, they all work for me too until I put them in my page, then the bottom arrow button disappears in IE8.

Link.

Best Regards.

aspanadare
    Participant

I am using jscrollpane and you’ve implemented Krish1980’s code, that code not work in IE, use my code given in link

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Aniruddha,

Here’s the result. It will not allow full width of text area with Firefox(disappears after a width of about 690px for the .main-content) and does not show at all on IE8. Also, it doesn’t seem to be as customizable as Krish’s version.

There is a conflict with these because of the display:table-cell; on the page, or at least that’s the only thing I’ve taken out that made a difference. I’m hoping someone can explain why it is occurring and what the fix is.

Best Regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.