Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Is there any point in blogging about css2 (the basics)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    akurtula
    Participant

Hi

I am not really an experts (yet), but I think I would be able to start blogging. This way it could help me learn faster and actually motivate me to learn. Basically I think that if I started blogging I would also start reading more about the web stuff, and participate such forums to help and not only when I need help. So the benefits are endless for us that wish to learn more.

However I have been researching and trying to gather materials so that I have a collection of (almost) ready to publish posts, so that I do not end up writing once a month. I have noticed that I am relatively good in css2, jquery and find in other things. I am absolutely confident that I am able to write a lot of material with a beginner in mind.

So as CSS3 and HTML5 have been in use for some time – with reservations but still usable non the less – do you think there is any point to cover that basics of web design. and how basic. Would explaining the html tags be too basic? for example creating a basic html page and explaining in detail what H, ul, li … tags are – what that be too basics to blog about (too basic as in would it have an audience)

Of course I am not going to blog about things that I find really really basic (like the example above) but I just would like to form a picture on my head of what should I be aiming for. Obviously my ultimate aim would be to learn the skill of how to be on top of the game, and blog about the most latest things. But until I get warmed up, find my own voice and confidence, I would really need some of your suggestions –

Thanks so much

Absolutely! The basics are the most important part. In regards to your audience, I think that would depend on the quality of your articles. There are many resources out their for learning already, but if you do something a little different, and offer something that none of the others offer, then the audience will certainly grow.

In the end, you will learn either way, so I say go for it 100%.

akurtula
    Participant

That is true, I will need to have a different approach to the existing resources. Though I hope that I will find my unique approach along the way. I know that, as it is my first time blogging, it is going to be a trial and error journey until I find the best approach to fit me. I just didn’t want to start and publish content that (no matter the quality) it would not be useful to any one, as it be too basic

I think you will find that there is always someone who knows less than you do, and as such, your posts should never be ‘too basic’.

akurtula
    Participant

when writing the tutorials, at the end, I would need to have a live example. do you think it be a good idea to use services like these http://jsfiddle.net/ or create an example template on my website? Thanks

I would host them on your own server; jsFiddle is notorious for its downtime.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

If there was only a jsfiddle that you could host on your own site. YEAH WORKING ON IT.

Ooh, sounds interesting Chris!

akurtula
    Participant

that would be cool

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.