Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Is there a CSS genius in the house?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elliott

Can’t for the life of me figure this one out…. Can anyone look at this page, and tell me why the “ABOUT” section is not flowing below the section above it (called “banner”)? I’ve tried everything I know how to do, including applying clearfix to the container div above the about section.

http://firewalkcreative.com/2012/2012.html

If anyone has the answer, you will be eternally known to me as “CSS Genius.”

Thank you!
    Elliott

TheDoc

Appears to working fine for me in Chrome, FF and Safari.

In IE8 the entire site shits the bed, you might want to check that out!

elliott

Eh…I’m scared to look on IE….

So, scroll down to right above the work section…see the gray bar? That is supposed to appear above the about section as well..are you seeing that? That bar is at the bottom of the main container divs, and for me, the About section overlaps the bottom of the section above it, instead of getting pushed below it…are you not seeing that? Thanks for the help!

elliott

Woah..IE8…shit the bed is no exaggeration!

TheDoc

Aaaahhhh, I see it now.

Your video is being positioned absolutely, this won’t be included in the clearfix. So you’ll either have to position it differently or calculate its height with JS and see if it is taller or shorter than the div that it’s in and adjust accordingly.

The grey bar isn’t appearing above the About section because you’ve told it to be on the bottom with this line:

background-position: bottom, top;
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.