Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Is There a Better, Faster Way?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jrgfreelance

I’ve been designing Web sites for awhile now, but I never branch off from using programs like Dreamweaver and Photoshop. I code almost everything manually because that’s how I’ve always done it. While I have complete control over every aspect of the design, it takes quite a long time to get everything in place, especially when coding for something like WordPress. I know Dreamweaver has some automated aspects to it, but I’m looking for something even more elaborate.

I am wondering if anyone uses something that automates your xhtml and css coding, almost to the point of no manual coding at all. Chris seems to do most of his coding manually, which I have always preferred, but is there a better, faster way? Am I wasting time?

I feel so old-fashioned. Am I the only one?

mikes

I’ve tried various wysiwyg editors in the past and hated them all. There are some that aren’t quite wysiwyg where I felt I was still in control but didn’t feel they really helped the process any. Until very recently, I’ve used wordpad because it’s been the most productive for my coding style. About a month ago I upgraded to Notepad++ and once I set everything to Courier New 12px (to make it more readable and make the colors less distracting), I fell in love with it.

It does nothing to "help" with coding but the search/replace across all open files is wonderful.

hth

Jonz

OMG thats so awesome, Better than Captain Placeholder? damm must be good

uba

I code web sites manually myself mostly because I have complete control over every aspect of the web site.

But it does take a bit more of my time so I try to use tools that help me code faster Notepad++ is a good code editor but offers not much help while coding so depending upon the technologies that I am using for a web site I use Visual Web Developer Express 08 or Expression Web 2 but not there web site management features just there code editors.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.