Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Is my slider concept just too complex?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody,
    I am an avid follower of CSS Tricks, and I have a question about customizing the Anything Slider.

Silly me… I designed a concept in my mind, after which I discovered that the slider creation tools I’ve been finding available, don’t appear to work the way I conceived.

You can see a static step-by-step prototype here: (note that the third active slide has not been completed, so there’s only a placeholder for that one.}

http://gita.a-d-w.com/SliderPrototype2.jpg

What I’m looking for is a way to push my images open and closed in a way that it appears that it’s pushing the next slide in, and not over, the previous slide while leaving a sliver of the right side of the non-active slides.

What happens in most code I see, where a sliver like this is left, is that the active slide slides over the inactive, resulting in the slivers remaining being the left side of the non-active slides.

I noticed the Anything Slider pushes the images off, as it brings the new ones in, which is more in line with the effect I’m looking for, but then can you tell me if it’s possible for someone more clever than I to use it to achieve the effect I’m looking for – that being, stopping short of pushing them all the way off?

Otherwise, I’m guessing I could have the whole thing done in Flash, but I was hoping for something more cookie-cutter.

Thanks so much,

Susan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.