Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other is it the right time to start learning javascript?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WG75
    Participant

hi guys!

i have been learning HTML/css for 3 months now . i have learned much but still have so much to learn about them .

i can now creat simple websites and i can copy the home page of famous websites by just looking at them . (they don’t look exactly the same as the orginal ones But they’re good :P)

however there are some subjects that i haven’t experinced with yet like responsive web design , creating web forms and many other .

i just wanna know if it is the right time to start learning about js ? and if it’s not then when is the right time?

Paulie_D

Is it ever too early?

That said, if you don’t have a firm understanding of HTML & CSS then complicating matters by adding interactions & effects using JS is probably going to confuse matters.

Just replicating (almost) other pages is OK …but you have to know WHY certain elements and CSS properties were used and how it will react in a wide range of circumstances.

If you are just after basic button pushes etc then sure, go for it but DOM manipulation and CSS effect should be treated with due caution.

polo
    Participant

Seeing how prolific coding bootcamps have become all around – paid programs, free programs, and even ones for kids/youth – I don’t think there could ever be a greater time.

The rabbit hole goes deep, but things are all challenging/fun and much rewarding. Find a site (or book) and have at it.

Cheers to JS : )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.