Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Is it ok to re-position elements outside their div?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a div 100x200px wide. I placed a logo inside that div and re-positioned using position:absolute the logo is outside the div on the screen, but it still acts as if its inside. is that something that acceptable to do?

croydon86
    Participant

Of course! That is the beauty of absolutely positioning.

theacefes

I think I might take a look at my existing layout *first* and see if there is something more fundamental I am doing incorrectly or poorly before just slapping a position:absolute on it. In my experience there is typically a better way to do something before resorting to absolute positioning. But that’s just me.

Paulie_D

>In my experience there is typically a better way to do something before resorting to absolute positioning.

I tend to agree, without seeing what it is you are doing..and why it’s tough to offer alternative options.

Perhaps a small Codepen?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Paulie_D here you go. The “Harol.com” text is inside the wrapper div. But i positioned it way above. Even when its still inside the div. I know i could have placed it inside the header but i wanted it to align perfectly with the bottom content. I didn’t link the images and a few things are out of place. [pen](http://codepen.io/Jarolin/pen/sboLH “”)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.