Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other IPS monitor for web design?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TriPHP

I’m looking for a new monitor and I think I’ll go for the IPS panels. The usage of this monitor is only for web design (using Photoshop).

Can anyone please suggest the best monitor for this usage? My maximum budget is $300.

The Asus PA238Q looks very good and tempting but I have read too many bad reviews about it.

Also, I would like to add that I have no available hardware for calibration. These things are not found in our country :(

TheDoc

I’m a fan of Dell: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=ultrasharp_monitor

Note that some of these (the cheaper ones) aren’t a ‘true IPS’. I’m not an expert on the subject, so you may need to look elsewhere for answers about IPS! I’ve also heard good things about NEC.

TriPHP

Thanks for the response.

I think it would be better too if other designers will reply what monitor they used ;)

davidlab.be
    Participant

I have used both IPS and non-IPS over the years for web design and photoshop. My opinion…IPS may be better for the viewing angles but a good non-IPS will be just as good in terms of color.
    I sold my 30″ IPS panel last year. It was a great monitor but the color white was never just right. I then bought a 24″ NEC http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002168

Greatest monitor I have ever used. I found someone on craigslist that was selling it…new $300. I have used everything… LG, Dell, Sony(CRT), HP, Samsung and I will say my NEC has really grown on me to top the list of them all…even not being IPS. However NEC is not cheap, but worth the money because they have the best warranty policy out there by far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.