Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other iPhone VS Android

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    davidlab.be
    Participant

http://www.itproportal.com/2011/04/22/iphone-5-likely-not-have-4g-lte/ ….is just to start.
    Also take note that the new ipad 2 does not even have 4g where as the Motorala xoom will be offering it by summer and even offering users who bought the first ones with 3g a chance to ship them back and have them retrofitted for the 4g components.
    This is just another example of how Apples competition can move just a little bit faster. Apple does a great job when they release a product, but that product goes into an “old school” stage mid way for that product cycle and before the new version. Where as the competition can release the newest thing week after week, because if for example HTC does not release the newest thing….Motorola will and if not them, Samsung or who ever else is in the game.

chrisburton
    Participant

Yeah, it’s speculation not confirmed. What doesn’t make sense is why Apple is investing and pushing for networks to convert to 4G if it were not going to put 4G in the iPhone 5. Be aware that blogs also like to make up stories and create controversy to generate a better rank and revenue with adspace.

davidlab.be
    Participant

It’s confirmed….the iphone will not see the LTE 4g till at least iphone 6. That makes it roughly sometime mid to late 2012 or even 2013. My source you ask…lets just say I heard a little birdie….a reliable birdie at that.

derekbtw
    Participant

From my experience using both extensively, I’d choose the iPhone. In my opinion, I find it to be more reliable in terms of performance and functionality. Everything just runs a little more smoothly and you can trust everything you download from the AppStore.

jimsilverman

iPhones are definitely more reliable and have a smoother experience out of the box and have the luxury of iTunes syncing. biggest drawback is the iron clamp of the AppStore and iTunes.

Androids are much more customizable and open, and recently have leapt ahead of iPhones in terms of hardware and raw power. but they suffer a lot from stability issues (especially in lower-end phones) and really ugly apps.

NickJohnson

It depends upon your choice……..
    If I have to suggest, i’l say iphone…
    Its got latest tech, nice features, great developers team is behind it to solve any kind of problems and Apple name is associated with it…….

simoncmason

I’m pretty much OS agnostic at this point – what I would say is either get an iPhone or a high end Samsung or HTC Android.

On that basis the costs are similar, the stability is similar and it really comes down to which design you like and how important the camera is to you (iPhone’s is best).

Also do you use iTunes a lot – do you want to use your phone as an iPod replacement in which case iPhone wins it – though Double Twist on Android isn’t a bad solution it isn’t as slick as the iPhone.

jennysmith1
    Participant

Absolutely android is launched by Google and it is latest and more preferred by all brands such as nokia, Htc, and Sony Erricson and it will be user friendly os. The Android app developer are made the interesting apps for their users.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.