Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Ipad view on safari for mac. Looks fine on all other explorers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lemp

For some reason my [design studio website](http://www.tresytres.mx “design studio website”) keeps showing the page as if viewed from an ipad. I am using media queries.

It seems to be ok when i check it on Chrome, Firefox and even IE. The problem just happens with Safari.

iknowdavehouse
    Participant

Certainly haven’t solved this…

The media queries aren’t working on Safari at all for some reason. You’re using min-width so you’re building up rather than scaling down using max-width…which is fine but that just proves that it’s the media query itself that isn’t kicking in on desktop view because you’re still seeing mobile styles.

I’ve only looked briefly on web inspector but there appear to be a couple of style.css files (same name) in there. Possible conflicts? Also I just noticed that it does reference a media query but not to adjust any layout just a ::selection. I don’t have enough time right now to debug it but I am thinking it’s probably a missing } somewhere or there’s a conflict in the multiple stye sheets…

iknowdavehouse
    Participant

No idea why this works in chrome but not safari though!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.