Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS ios right side battle..media-queries causing this? please help guys!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dominick1

hey so i am almost done developing a website for a client and everything is great in desktop and ipad or “tablet” view but soon as i check it on my phone and ios simulator i get this white space all the way down the side of the right side but it doesnt look like its pushing it in. it looks like the site is actually being made smaller than the size of the screen and its getting that wrong or something? i say that only because the site is responsive and for the most part it looks good just over to the right lol some things are breaking but idk. i was thinking maybe its the view port? maybe i have a media-query thats to small?

my view port is ..

idk what to do.. if you wanna see a picture click this link..

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/td764ml1zigblyv/Photo%20May%2014%2C%2010%2014%2000%20AM.png](https://www.dropbox.com/s/td764ml1zigblyv/Photo%20May%2014%2C%2010%2014%2000%20AM.png “website screenshot ios winning :(“)

derElch
    Participant

my meta looks like this:

maybe you have somewhere a box/div which have a bigger min-width than the device width is.
    could you show us the full source code of the site?

Paulie_D

Without a link we can’t check your code.

dominick1

Yea the link is at domenicocolandrea.com sorry

derElch
    Participant

i think the problem is the Font from “Weather”. on my iphone (4) a small part of the E and the Full R are outside of the green box. “the click here “text too. maybe you should check this. other solution, check it with firefox, scale it down to the size of an iPhone screen and use the element editor ^^

dominick1

Ok thanks will do that now.. It’s driving me crazy lol

dominick1

Ok but Wouknt that just be from the screen being to small so it’s forcing it out because if u look at the whole site everything is pretty equal it’s like if it was nudged bAck where the white space is it would be good idk

Paulie_D

Yeah… I don’t know if you have media queries affecting the bottom/footer but if not, you definitely need some

dominick1

I know that but I don’t understand why it’s pushing everything smaller then the iOS screen size because in browser it looks fine when I Bring it down to iOS size and I know it’s not exactly the same but it’s like on iOS it’s making it smaller than it should be for some reason

Paulie_D

Does anything happen in iOS if you remove this:

@media (max-width: 700px)
    section.footer-wrap {
    left: -8px; <-- This here It always worries me when I see stuff like this. There really should be no need to play with negative margins in a properly designed responsive site.

dominick1

let me check hold on ill let ya know..thanks ..

dominick1

ok when i did that nothing happened but i changed the viewport just to see from what i had to this..

and it seems to have gotten rid of that white space so i guess it worked..i just have to fix a bunch of stuff with some media querries and make everything fit correctly but the problem with the white space seems to be fixed with the change in viewport.. idk ..funky

Paulie_D

I’m not convinced this is good idea

maximum-scale=1.0

Let the user zoom if they need to. Some of us wear glasses to read you know.

dominick1

you know what i was thinking that too. your absolutely right. thanks.

derElch
    Participant

so it worked with the meta view port sample?
    the problem is, if i zoom out the white space is still there.
    something is wrong with your style. i dont know what.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.