Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Internet Explorer and Hover CSS – Probably a really simple solution…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pancakecakes

Hello all.
    I hate to feel like I’m wasting people’s time with this, because I know I’m probably missing something really small, and really obvious, but it’s driving me INSANE.

Basically, all I want is for some text to be one colour when standard, another colour when hovered over. I can get it to work fine straight away in Firefox and Chrome, but IE refuses to pay any attention to it.

I’ve been trying to break it down, so here is my incredibly simple bit of code:

content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    http-equiv="content-type">

type="text/css">
    body
    {background-color:green;}
    a1
    {
    color:white;
    }
    a1:hover
    {
    color:black;
    }

Hello

Like I said, works perfectly in FF and C, but not IE. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! =D

TheDoc

a1 isn’t a thing… Do you mean h1?

pancakecakes

mmmmpossibly.
    However even if I change it to h1, the colour change rollover doesnt work in IE, but does in FF

TheDoc

This will work in every single browser: http://jsfiddle.net/dHx8p/

pancakecakes

Sorry be a right pain in the bum, but it’s still not working for me, I just copied your stuff straight into NVU and tested it again. Fine with FF, nothing with IE
    Screenshot

TheDoc

It must have something to do with how you’ve formatted your < head> section. Try this:

Test

This is a Test

pancakecakes

Nope =( I must be doing something wrong. I really don’t get why this won’t work for me. I’ve tried it IE v6, v6 and v8, none of them will run the hover css. Thank for your help though!

TheDoc

You copied that code exactly? I just saved the code above in an html doc and it appeared fine in IE. There must be something that you aren’t telling me!

pancakecakes

I’ve just tried saving your text into wordpad and saving that as a html, and it did work, which now leads me to believe the program I’m doing my coding in (NVU, was called Kompozer I think a few years back?) is obviously adding something in that is stopping it from working… Hmmm

Thanks Doc

TheDoc

Very interesting. When you do it through your program, try viewing the source to see what it’s doing to your code.

pancakecakes

It was NVU, everytime I exported the script, it changed the doctype header and was buggering everything up!
    Thanks Doc

How do you change this topic to Solved?

TheDoc

No problem.

You just need to go to the first post in the thread, edit it and click the ‘Mark as Solved’ box. I’ve done this one for you ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.