Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End integrate blog post from 1st website into 2nd website -wordpress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnjf

My client has a website that already has blog posts, and I built them a second website but with no blog posts. What they wanted to know is if it would be possible to integrate the blog posts from the first website into the 2nd website?

theacefes

I’m not positive but I’m guessing you’d have to export their database containing those posts and import them into the new site.

johnjf

oops sorry, didn’t make it clear enough. What they want is the blogs posts from the 1st website to automatically implement into the 2nd under the blog catergory say fitness. So when ever they make a post from there first website it would automatically post onto the 2nd website also under that category.

theacefes

Oh…I had to do something like that but it was porting a tumblr into a wordpress site. I ended up importing the RSS feed from the tumblr and then styling those elements to make it look blog like. Probably not what you are looking for but I would suggest searching around on google or wordpress boards as there is probably someone else who needed to do the same thing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.