Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript [Closed] Javascript is not linking to my CSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Haitch
    Participant

Hello.

I have installed the designmynight.com script on a site but the sctipt has a IF statement that is linking back to a default stylesheet rather than using my changes.

Does my CSS code in the theme need something extra to ensure the IF statement does execute the link to the default stylesheet?

see it here http://rollingstocklondon.com/bookings/

Many thanks, Harry

Paulie_D

This is presumably a JS question, not a CSS one as CSS desn’t have “IF” statements.

Perhaps you could show us the relevant JS section?

Haitch
    Participant

Maybe not also, as I can’t edit the JS as that is on the script’s 3rd party server. They have so far only told me that I should just change the CSS to edit the form’s design but doing even the most basic of CSS changes results in the script running the script and overwriting the CSS changes with the default ones. You can see all of this taking place with firebug. I thought I might be missing something obvious that was stopping my basic CSS changes working.

Paulie_D

Looks to me as though the styles would be something integrated into the form platform you are using since they are coming from an outside source.

Is this a WP plug-in?

Do they offer customisation?

Haitch
    Participant

Not a plugin just posted the script’s code straight into a page. I have emailed someone from the site but there is no docs on their website. I don’t know JS but the code looks like it is asking wheather it should be using and external stylesheet or not, I’ll ask in JS forum too. Thank you

Paulie_D

Well it’s loading an external CSS file…I can see that.

just posted the script’s code straight into a page

Not sure why you would do that…it sounds very insecure.

This is already in the JS forum section but feel free to ask a different question now that we have more information.

Paulie_D
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[Closed] Javascript is not linking to my CSS’ is closed to new replies.