Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Inserting images into .rtf-Templates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    joyotto

Hello I am a web developer at http://www.esparkinfo.com/ I suffering one problem in inserting images into .rtf templates

I have something weird to ask but maybe somebody can help me… I have been searching the forums for information about creating rtf files but I haven’t found something that fits to my problem. So here it is…

I use .rtf-Files (MS-Word) as templates. The template system works fine and I can insert all the info coming from my database. But I have one problem: I’d like to insert pictures into the rtf-File. What I do is the following:
    Inside the rtf-File are template-variables. I substitute the template-variables by reading the rtf-File into a variable (let’s call it $rtfFile) and do a ereg_replace command. Like I said above this all works fine for normal text data. But how can I insert a picture here?

I tried to read the picture (which lies on the server too) with fopen and fread, and I added some commands from the rtf-specification I found at the MS-Homepage. But somehow it doesn’t work. Maybe my rtf-commands haven’t been right…

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

joyotto
    esparkinfo

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.