Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Insert Code into iFrame

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shane Hicks
    Participant

I am trying to simplify my client’s website modification system to help get an idea of what they want. I need to be able to add JavaScript to an iFrame of their website. Below is an example of how I need it to work.

1. Client accesses page that has a drop-down of all the pages on their website (or possibly as textbox for them to enter the URL). Client then clicks a submit button.
    2. The iFrame redirects to the page and automatically adds the JavaScript to the webpage.

I have seen this done before on other service websites so I know its possible.

Below is the code I want to implement.

JavaScript
    <script src="http://www.jotform.com/min/?g=feedback2" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    new JotformFeedback({
    formId : "32305830426144",
    buttonText : "Make Changes",
    windowTitle : "Mark up the screenshot to describe a problem or suggestion",
    base : "http://jotform.us/",
    background : "#77BCD9",
    fontColor : "#FFFFFF",
    buttonSide : "bottom",
    buttonAlign : "right",
    type : false,
    width : 280,
    height : 420,
    instant : true
    });
    </script>

Senff
    Participant

Would like to see a site where you can inject code in a page that’s caught in an iFrame, cause to the best of my knowledge, that’s not possible (unless the page in the iFrame is just a part of the same web site).

Shane Hicks
    Participant

I’m not able to find one currently but I do have access to both website though, if that makes any difference.

Shane Hicks
    Participant

How would I go about doing this if its in the same domain? Could you possibly give me some sample code as well?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.