Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Input Display Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WindberTSA

Hey guys.

I created a google custom search using my own search box for the home page of my site. http://windbertsa.com

But, where I have the image for the ‘go’ to search, the numbers 010 keep showing up and I cannot figure out how to get rid of them.

Somehow I think they are displaying over top the image I have for the search icon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

__
    Participant

From your markup:

nordstromdesign
    Participant

The value of your input:button is “010940250076997835162:WMX1781837400”

Not sure where this is coming from but the first three characters are 010 and that is what you are seeing.

WindberTSA

@nordstromdesign that value is the value given to me from google’s custom search.

If it’s actually ‘on top’ of the image, is there a away for me to change where that element is in the code so that it doesn’t show up?

tomrogers123

The `value` attribute is the text that actually shows up on the button. You’re using a background image to label the image so you need to hide the web text. **Adding `font-size: 0` to the button solves it.**

Paulie_D

You might also want to look into this: https://css-tricks.com/webkit-html5-search-inputs/

WindberTSA

@tomrogers123 Thanks! that did seem to fix it. I don’t really understand why the google custom search told me to set it as a value if it actually gets displayed then.

@Paulie_D
    That article looks interesting enough, I will check it out for sure :) Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.