Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Inline header images, How in CSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    buildman
    Participant

Hi Folks;

How would you line up several images in the header using css or even javescript, the page is centered and has a width of 970px. I’ve tried the floats and text-align: centered and that want work. The images in the header will have to move with the page content which is centered. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is to place the images using “inline”.

Sure would appreciate some words of wisdom

James

soap
    Participant

show an example please

buildman
    Participant

Hi Soap;

I would love to post an example but I have totally broke the page, so it’s pain and agony on me. When and if I get this thing put back together I post something. I had things in pretty good shape and then bam, the page just fell apart on me and now I trying to find where things when crazy.

Thanks for posting

James

richtestani

Images by default are inline elements, so depending what you are doing, you may not need to float them. Without a better indication of what you are trying to do, this is impossible to help you with.

buildman
    Participant

I’m new to this forum so I don’t know how to upload the HTML and CSS pages for your review an comments. I just now tried to paste the two pages into this comment and right away I see that’s a problem, the message choked on the load. I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to upload the pages and the images.

Thanks

James

buildman
    Participant

Ok folks, here’s the stuff;

I’ve never posted any pages or images on this forum before so I decided I would use a method used on another forum. I zipped the page and css styles along with the images so you can see what I’m trying to accomplish. I’m sending along the colored logo image that I was going to put in the center of the page where the logo text is now, this should be simple I’m just missing it somewhere. The more I play with this black and white design the more I like it but I do photography and there will be lots of pictures and galleries so I’ll probably go with color.

Here’s the link to the zip file, let me know if you have any trouble downloading it, I checked it and there was no problem.

http://www.streetsideimages.com/csstrickspost.zip

I’ll appreciate any help, comments and criticisms just playing with a project.

James

soap
    Participant

Hmmmm I don’t know if anybody is going to want to download a .zip.

Try putting your code in <pre><code> tags

buildman
    Participant

Ok folks, here’s the stuff;

I’ve never posted any pages or images on this forum before so I decided I would use a method used on another forum. I zipped the page and css styles along with the images so you can see what I’m trying to accomplish. I’m sending along the colored logo image that I was going to put in the center of the page where the logo text is now, this should be simple I’m just missing it somewhere. The more I play with this black and white design the more I like it but I do photography and there will be lots of pictures and galleries so I’ll probably go with color.

Here’s the link to the zip file, let me know if you have any trouble downloading it. I did check it and had no problem with the download.

http://www.streetsideimages.com/csstrickspost.zip

Thanks for your help. any comment and critzems will be appreciated.

James

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.