Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Inline CSS problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pullman

Hi everybody

I hope someone can give me some pointers here.

On my site, http://philipus.com, I use the Slidepress plugin on WordPress to publish content on my site through SlideshowPro, which is a flash gallery.

Slidepress’ settings include an option to display a message in browsers without flash or java script. Above the box where one can type in the message, it says one can "Display custom html content" in the box. The default html content in the box is:

Code:

<p>This SlideShowPro photo gallery requires the Flash Player plugin and a web browser with JavaScript enabled.</p>

Code:

I find this message very boring and would like to insert a background image (or just an image) and style the text a bit.

The box does accept inline css. For instance:

<p style="background: blue; color: white;">This SlideShowPro photo gallery requires the Flash Player plugin and a web browser with JavaScript enabled.</p>

…will make one line of white text against a blue background on that line.

This led me to believe that the message area is only one line and that I needed to expand the area (btw I can’t access the file that produces the message). So I added width:950px; height:633px to the inline style and, sure enough, the blue background then covered the container on the site (inside the container’s 1px border). This made me happy and I thought I could add an image.

But I seem to be unable to get an image to show up. The current code I’ve put in the box looks like this:

Code:

pullman

Thanks for the reply.

I had tried an absolute path before but it didn’t work. Once I moved the image on the server then it suddenly worked. Weird. The code that eventually worked is below.

Code:

Thanks again for your help!
    /p

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.