Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Injecting html for mobile-first

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    taxicss
    Participant

Hi, I’m coding a site and I’m using the “mobile-first” approach since it’s responsive. I have a slider which I don’t like to be visible in mobile version, right now I just made it display: none and I just make it visible on 600px up. So all assets(images,tags,etc) are downloaded still in mobile, right?

How should I do this? Could I inject all html code for my slider using javascript when width = 600px up? How can I fire that javascript in css media queries?

Thanks.

Senff
    Participant

Hi, I’m coding a site and I’m using the “mobile-first” approach since it’s responsive. I have a slider which I don’t like to be visible in mobile version, right now I just made it display: none and I just make it visible on 600px up. So all assets(images,tags,etc) are downloaded still in mobile, right?

Correct.

How should I do this? Could I inject all html code for my slider using javascript when width = 600px up? How can I fire that javascript in css media queries?

I would keep it the way it is. It’s going to be a b**tch to inject HTML when it’s 600 and up without reloading the page (imagine when you have a tablet that’s 400 wide in portrait mode, and then you change orientation into landscape mode — all of a sudden you’ll need to inject HTML). In essence, that’s the “basic” way to go with media queries: showing and hiding stuff.

Then again, maybe I’m just lazy. ;)

taxicss
    Participant

How about keeping it that way but I will use Source Shuffling (http://www.jordanm.co.uk/lab/sourceshuffling “”) or any better way of changing the image when media query is met?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.